Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Blog-o-licious 2nd Audition for Dinnner Rolls

So far this recipe is coming in first - it takes a little longer in raising time - but worth the effort.
Mally said she had one today in Seminary and it was delicious! Spousal Unit said he couldn't tell the difference between the rolls.
I make this in my Kitchen Aid

Dinner Rolls
Start with paddle.

In bowl add:
1 TBS yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
in 1/2 cup warm water for 10 minutes

Barely simmer 1 cup milk ( I use the microwave)
Add: 1 cube butter cut up

Add :
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt

When cooled add to yeast mixture.


Gradually add
3 beaten eggs
3 cups flour, until batter is very sticky

Mix for five minutes to develop the gluten.

Change the paddle to the dough hook.

Gradually add about 3 + cups flour until dough is very soft. Mix well . This is about 3 minutes. The dough looks silky and smooth.

Cover with towel and let raise 1 ½ hours.

Punch down. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Shape into rolls, dip in melted butter on cookie sheet.

Cover with a towel and let raise 1 ½ hours.

Bake at 375̊ for 11 minutes.

This makes 24 nice size rolls. I put them on a cookie sheet 4 x 6.

2 comments:

Nana said...

I made these with half whole wheat flour and some milled flax seed. Yummy and healthy. (Well, kind of..)

michelle said...

I suspect my spousal unit wouldn't be able to tell the difference, either...