Friday, October 10, 2008

25 Days 'Til Christmas

I've decided to try and be better prepared for Christmas. I've come up with a cooking plan called the "25 Days 'Til Christmas" plan. (Hence the name of my post.)

I am going to make freezer meals and hopefully by the beginning of December I will have 25 meals waiting for me. The cool part of the plan (no pun intended), is that I will just double meals that I make in the next couple of months. Brilliant you say? I hope so.

Freezer meals will last 3-6 months in the freezer.

Meal # 25

Chicken Stroganoff

12 chicken tenderloins - boiled in salted water and cut into thirds
(Frozen tenderloins will boil in approx. 15-20 minutes. Do not overcook or they will be tough.)

Saute in small amount EVOO and butter:
1/4 large onion - finely chopped
4 mushrooms - finely chopped
Lightly season with salt and pepper

2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can milk
1/4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
½ pkg onion soup mix
1 teaspoon paprika

Mix altogether. Put in baking dish.
Bake 350̊ for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

Add ½ cup sour cream.
Serve over pasta or rice.

Serves 6.

If freezing - double freezer bag and label. Remove from freezer the night before or the morning that it is to eaten and defrost in fridge.

1 comment:

Nana said...

What a fabulous idea! Does it surprise me that you would com eup with such a great plan? I think not. Planning is what you do best. I can't wait for more recipes!
m